EVENTS & SPECIALS
SEPTEMBER 9, 2017 2nd Annual Southern Missouri Small Ruminant Workshop 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Animal Clinic of Ava and University of Missouri Extension would like to see you a this one-day training and education event, featuring guest speakers and educators, local vendors and an auction for a buckling over lunch!
Guest speaker for this event will be Dr. Charlotte Clifford – Rathert, DVM, Associate Professor, State Extension Specialist – Small Ruminant Lincoln University Cooperative Extension and Research. The work shop will cover herd health among other relevant topics such as:
- Understanding the basic nutrition of Small Ruminants
- Integrated practices for Parasite Management: Discussion on integration and importance of FAMACHA, BCS, and pasture management.
- What is in your Tool Box? Discussion of what type of things a producer should and should not have in their medical box.. also, when to call the vet?
- Recognizing & Reducing Diseases: Discussion of transmissible diseases producers need to be aware of during kidding and other diseases producers may encounter.
- Breeding of Goats & Sheep: Conditioning, selection of sires and does for your breeding stock and commercial production.
Cost of the class is $35 per person or $50 for couples; and covers all materials, refreshments and lunch. Online ticket sales will soon be available, keep checking back with us, or you can save the $2.75 fee for the online ticket by coming by the clinic and paying by check or mailing it in! Hurry though, deadline to register is August 30th!
Click here to download the flyer! For more information on the class, or to register, contact the Animal Clinic of Ava at (417) 683-6830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.